1) Graphics compos
-We added XBIN to the ASCII/ANSI compo
-Oldskool pixel graphics compo added!
2) Music compos
-You can submit a tune as long as you like, but we’re going to do preselection and we’ll only play 3:30 unless folks are really into it.
Metoikos will be speaking at the Together Festival, a free event, this Sunday in Boston.
For more information, visit http://togetherboston2014.sched.org.
Various demos will be among the items showing both on the giant LED screen on the front of the building and a large video screen inside, as well as at the talk.
Keith Bare of the CMU Computer Club (yes, the Warhol Amiga art guys) will be speaking at @party 2014 about the Vectrex and vector displays, a talk he will be preparing in collaboration with fellow CMUCCer Michael Dille.
If you want to enter the Voxiebox compo, you need to get their SDK. Go to voxiebox.com to sign up.
We are pleased to announce the speakers for @party 2014.
- Sean Kean, Voxon – the Voxiebox, a new volumetric display
- Seth Riskin, MIT Museum – holography and spatial imaging
- Sophia Brueckner, MIT Media Lab – Code That Sings Itself
- Arlene Ducao, MIT Media Lab – MindRider, an EEG feedback display
- Britt Snyder, Worcester Polytechnic Institute – New directions for visual art education in college game development programs
- James Susinno, Boston VR Meetup – RiftRay, an implementation of Shader Toy on the Oculus Rift
Formal talk titles and the schedule will come in May.
In addition to our usual First Place Demo trophy, a customized Klein bottle opener donated by Bathsheba Sculpture,
we will also have lovely laser-etched trophies created by AMCBAIN this year!